Friday, May 01, 2009

White Rabbit, White Rabbit, White Rabbit


At some point when I was in elementary school someone told me that if the first thing I said in a month was "White Rabbit, White Rabbit, White Rabbit" that I would have good luck.

In the back of my mind, I have kept this idea alive throughout my life and have probably been successful in remembering about 25% of the time. Most of the times that I have accurately recalled it at the right moment have been due to staying up late the night before (the "its 12:15am, and I should say White Rabbit") or sometime around lunchtime I will realize that I haven't actually spoken to anyone yet, and sneak one in.

I wonder if being present enough to realize the significance of the first morning of each month can clue me in and give me a benchmark as to how I'm living my life and practicing to be more present in *every* moment.

I've also always believed that luck is really based on how hard I am working and setting myself up to succeed. I'll bet that tracking my progress somehow on an awareness scale will show me so much more about power than speaking aloud this silly saying on its own.

May 09, White Rabbit, White Rabbit, White Rabbit.

No comments: